There are various styles, designs, and materials that you can choose from when it comes to a kitchen feature such as a kitchen sink. However, it’s very common to see many homeowners using one made of stainless steel. Well, no wonder many people use it since it’s quite affordable, durable, and doesn’t require complicated maintenance.
However, you still need to clean and take care of it to prevent unwanted things like scratching. As mentioned before, taking care of a stainless steel sink is easy and simple. On this page, we have prepared an easy tutorial on how to take care of a stainless sink with affordable tools and supplies right in the kitchen itself.
(You might want to read this: Adorable Apartment Kitchen Ideas for Your Inspiration)
Below we have some tips that you can follow to maintain your sink’s condition.
How to Take Care of Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Some supplies you will need:
- Strong kitchen towels
- Anti-scratch scouring pad
- Kitchen cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- A mixture of white vinegar and lemon juice (optional)
Throw Away Leftover
One of the mistakes that many people do in the kitchen sink is piling up leftover food for a day or more. Doing this, not only makes the sink dirty, and lets bacteria attract flies, but also makes it smells bad. That’s why it’s better to throw them right away after washing the dishes.
What you can do:
- Scrape the food leftover from the plughole with a kitchen towel.
- Wipe the sink surface to remove excess residue.
- Rinse the sink to dislodge smaller scraps.
(You might want to read this: Simple Open Kitchen Ideas for Minimalist House)
Clean the Sink
To prevent the sink surface from scratching during the cleaning process, you can use an anti-scratch scouring pad instead of wire wool or wire scouring pads. You can also use another cleaning tool that is friendly enough for a scratch-prone surface.
Here’s the step you can do:
- Apply the cleaning solution to your stainless steel sink by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Let the cleaner sit for a few minutes to work its best.
- Scrub the surface using a scoring pad firmly but still gently. Make sure that you also clean the crannies and nooks of the sink.
- Rinse everything with clean water.
(You might want to read this: Mesmerizing Rustic Kitchen Ideas You Have to Steal)
Finish It with Cleaner
After finishing the two steps above, you may want to make it shines more. You can use manufactured glass cleaner or make your own by mixing white vinegar and lemon juice.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Spray the surface of the sink and tap with the glass cleaner.
- Wipe the cleaner by using a strong kitchen towel in a circular motion.
(You might want to read this: Marvelous Big Kitchen Ideas You Might Be Interested In)
So, that’s the tutorial on how to take care of a kitchen sink made of stainless steel. You can easily grab the supplies and tools right in your house and execute this job at any time.