The dining table is the main star that can make your dining room looks more attractive. It may be just a table but having the right one can give a more aesthetic look. Of course, you can just purchase any dining set but it would be perfect to choose the one that matches the dining room itself. You don’t want to buy the one that is too big, too small, or even the wrong shape that will only make the dining room feels more cramped or looks unbalanced.
(You might also like these: Adorable Transitional Dining Room Ideas That’ll Inspire You)
We have some easy guides on how to choose a perfect dining table on your own!
1. Dining Room Size
What you have to make sure of:
- The overall dining room size and shape like rectangular, square, and narrow rectangular.
- The hallway’s size that will be used as an entrance to add the dining table.
- Consider the piece of furniture that you have in a dining room since you will use this to measure the distance between the dining table and the furniture itself.
- If you already have some big furniture, you have to either buy a small table or move the furniture to another room.
2. Dining Table Size and Shape
Please note that the bigger the dining table the higher the height it has, so please ensure:
- There’s enough space between the dining table and the wall about 42 – 48 inches to make diners feel easy and comfortable when they get in and out.
- If you have other furniture, measure the distance between the table and the furniture, not the wall.
- If you want to create a more space-saving look, try to use a dining bench instead of normal dining chairs.
There are some common shapes that you can choose based on the dining room shape.
- Rectangular is a common type with various styles, sizes, and designs and is perfect for a traditional long and narrow room.
- Square fits a smaller room in a square shape to make an intimate atmosphere since it doesn’t have much distance between each diner.
- Round is a great space-saving option that you can choose if you have a square room.
- Oval is great if you have a rectangular dining room and want to create a unique look.
(You might also like these: Get Stylish with These Industrial Dining Room Ideas)
3. Match the Concept
The concept in this case means the material, color, and finish. For those who have a modern dining room, a stylish dining table with a marble top is a great choice. Meanwhile, for homeowners who love earthy elements, a wooden dining table can be a good option.
(You might also like these: Elegant Dining Room Ideas for Your Inspiration)
There are tons of materials that you can pick based on your budget and preference. Some popular materials that are commonly used to make a dining table are solid wood, reclaimed wood, glass, stone, laminate, and metal. Of course, each material has its pros and cons but again, you can choose the one that you really need.
(You might also like these: Alluring Simple Dining Room Ideas for Your Inspiration)
5. Elbow and Leg Room
Another important point that you have to make sure to provide comfort for every diner is elbow and leg rooms. A round dining table usually feels more comfortable because usually, it has a pedestal base which will make more space for legs. Some rectangular dining tables also have a comfortable leg room but again, you have to match it with the number of diners you want to have.
(You might also like these: Attractive Gray Dining Room Ideas for Minimalist Look)
Now get yourself a charming dining table to enhance the look of your dining room!